Easter is just around the corner and if your children’s Grandparents (Great-Grandparents) are anything like ours, you’ll already have a huge stash of chocolate building up! We had said we weren’t going to give chocolate to the girls this Easter so I decided to create little chocolate nests to spread the chocolate consumption a bit better. It was also a lovely Easter activity for P2 and me.
- 3 Easter Eggs (medium sized)
- Rise Krispies/Cornflakes
- Boil half a saucepan of water on the hob. Place a bigger bowl over the top and break up the Easter Eggs in small pieces into the bowl.
- When the chocolate starts to melt, keep stirring. Remove from heat.
- Pour cereal into the melted chocolate. Spoon the mixture into cake cases and place into the fridge for 2 hours to allow the chocolate to set.
- It can go very wrong quite quickly so keep stirring when heating the chocolate.
- Try to add more cereal than chocolate or you'll have a big lump of chocolate.