I have had several boxes of Easter eggs sitting in our kitchen staring at me. Screaming to be eaten. For some reason, they just haven’t which I know sounds completely ludicrous. But it’s go to the point that I am crying to have my work surfaces back so instead of the usual chocolate nests, I decided to try my hand at some chocolate bark after a suggestion from my Facebook page.
What You Will Need:
- Leftover Easter chocolate of any variety
- Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup of Raisins
- 1/2 cup of Walnuts
How To Make:
- Boil half a saucepan of water. Break up the chocolate. I did white in one bowl and milk in the other.
- Place bowl over the boiling saucepan and water for chocolate to melt. Obviously doing this separately for each colour. Stir frequently and don’t let it over melt (burn).
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts into the milk chocolate.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and pour the milk chocolate mixture thinly over the baking tray and smooth.
- Using a piping baking or just with a spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate.
- Pop the tray in the fridge until set. Then break the slab of chocolate into rough pieces.
That’s it. It is so simple to make and the added fruity/nutty bits make it a much more appealing little treat. I have popped the broken pieces into a tin to save for another day.