I really love being part of the Bernard Matthews Family Panel. It’s been so much fun and super challenging too.
The latest challenge was to cook for three days in a row using Bernard Matthews Turkey Chunks as the main ingredient. Bernard Matthews provided all the ingredients, which was astounding, and the three dishes we would be cooking. Oh and some cute props relating to each country.
Visiting China – Sweet and Sour Turkey with Noodles
- 200g Roast Turkey chunks (2 packets)
- 1 Onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 Green Pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 can of Beansprouts, drained
- 1 can of Sliced Bamboo
- 1 can of Pineapple Chunks, drained but keep juice
- 50ml Vinegar
- 25g Tomato Paste
- 220g Tinned Tomatoes
- 250g Noodles
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and peppers, cook until soft.
- Reduce the heat and add the vinegar. Heat until the vinegar reduces.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, bamboo, pineapple chunks and beansprouts all together. Stir frequently.
- Check the taste, if you think it needs sweetening, add a little of the pineapple juice.
- Mix the Turkey Chunks and heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cook your noodles as the packet suggests (we did one nest per person, in boiling water for about 5-10 minutes)
What I loved about this meal was the fact I got to physically see what went into it something you don’t get from ordering a Chinese takeaway. I have to admit that I slightly undercooked the peppers etc as we prefer them quite soft. As a whole it didn’t take too long to prepare. The girls really enjoyed using the chopsticks too.
I find it quite hilarious how I’ve changed my eating habits since meeting hubby but now I’m exploring with cooking myself and using different ingredients like the turkey. I’ve said it before, but turkey really is such a simple, tasty alternative and it’s cheaper!!