Aldi, a German based supermarket, hit the UK back in April 1990, the same month and year that my hubby was born. They now have over 500 shops in the UK! To celerate Aldi turning 25 we were sent a hamper with the ingredients and tools to create their Shooting Star Cocktail.
Aldi won Multiple Wine Retailer of the Year in February 2015. We are actually a household that doesn’t drink. Even on special occasions but my friends arranged for me to learn how to make cocktails as part of my Hen Party so I agreed to take part in the Aldi Celebrations.
- 25ml Tamova Vodka
- 25ml Raspberry Juice from Raspberries, (freeze raspberries beforehand for a chilled drink)
- 2.5tsp Sugar
- Valdobbiadene Prosecco Spumante DOCG, as desired
- Sprinkle sugar over half a pack of defrosted raspberries.
- Squeeze juice from raspberries, removing seeds and collect into the bottom of a glass.
- Add the vodka to the juice, stir to combine.
- Pour the Prosecco over a spoon into the glass. Then add 1-3 raspberries into the glass. Decorate glass with sliced apple.
- Replace alcohol with lemonade for a refreshing non-alcoholic drink.
We took our hamper round a friends house when we were baby free and it was lots of fun getting creative especially as we didn’t have the right tool to squeeze juice from raspberries. I have to admit, Hubby and I were not keen on the cocktails but as I’ve said before, we aren’t drinkers. Our friends however had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the Aldi alcohol.
Happy Anniversary Aldi! Long may you continue to save money for the UK!