We were bought a hand/footprint casting kit by my OHs best friend. P1 found it in our bedroom yesterday and asked to make it. So we did.
It comes with a sachet of mix for the gel, a sachet of mix for the plaster of Paris and then the plastic mould. Simple.
The instructions said to mix the gel sachet with 160ml of water. I gave this duty to P1 – big mistake – she tipped the whole lot in straight away despite me saying over and over to tip slowly. It resulted in the gel being a gloopy soggy mess that took ages to begin to set.
We then put a straw in the top so it makes a hole and we can hang the finished product on the wall. I made the plaster of Paris sachet with water and poured it on top of the playdoh.
We left it overnight and then peeled the mould off. I now realise that playdoh probably wasn’t the best idea. I forgot how much it stuck to things. I’ve spent about 10minutes trying to remove the purple playdoh and colouring from the cast. It will eventually come off but I’ve taken a picture of it with the purple as you can see the little wrinkles of the girls feet which is quite cute.