I’ve been getting increasingly fed up of having broken crayons lying around the house. Or whenever the girls do any drawing together P2 always ends up throwing crayons around and I’m left on hands and knees picking them up. I decided enough was enough and made recycled them into just a few big crayons. Here’s how:
Things You’ll Need
Crayons in all shapes, colours and sizes.
Cake cases & cupcake tray or some pre-shaped moulds
How To Do It
1) Preheat oven (160c, 140c (fan) or has mark 3.
2) Place cake cases in the cupcake tray, or if you have a mould line it with kitchen foil, or if the mould is silicone just leave them as they are.
3) Peel off every label on the crayons. Break crayons into a small size and place into your cake cases/moulds. They can be put in to make multicoloured crayons or divided into relevant colours.
4) Place tray into oven and bake for about 10minutes or until all lumps have melted.
5) Bring out of the oven and leave to completely cool. They’ll be very runny at first but with solidify quite quickly.