During 2015 I am a Slumber-Roo Brand Ambassador. We have already helped to give our feedback on one baby carrier and now I’m going to introduce you to the next one. The Boba 4G. I stopped baby wearing when the weather was absolutely sweltering but now it’s cooled down a lot I’ve been using the Boba 4G more frequently.
The Boba 4G is the success to the Boba 3G, keeping all the key features but improving the infant part. This basically means that the Boba 4G is fully able to comfortably support babies from 3.2kg all the way to preschool age. The Boba 4G has the most features out of any wrap or carrier I have ever had making this definitely my newest “go to” carrier for long and short trips. The features include:
- An infant support pillow/cushion that snaps inside. No need to buy any extras.
- Extra wide seat & taller panel giving extra support for both babies and toddlers.
- 3 built-in pockets a zip pocket in front of hip belt, zip pocket in front of panel and an open pocket on hip belt. These are great for small items but is not big enough for my iPhone 6+ unfortunately.
- Detachable Foot Straps for a toddler to keep them comfortable and promote a better sitting position. This also helps prevent kicking.
- Bag tab on shoulder straps to help keep a bag securely in place.
- Detachable hood for keeping baby/toddler secure when they fall asleep and also sheltering from the weather.
The Boba 4G is designed for people 5ft – 6ft 3in but I am actually 4ft 8in tall and although even at the tightest setting the straps do feel a little loose, the whole carrier still feels so secure. When I go for longer walks I will always choose to wear the Boba 4G as it is the most sturdy as P3 is getting heavier.
I have found it much easier to get on by myself than a wrap although am still struggling with back carry positions and have to have assistance getting P3 into it. She absolutely loves being on my back though and she feels so secure which I didn’t think she would at first. I think as she grows and gets older we will manage this position much easier. I found the Boba website has a great video demonstration.
The Boba 4G comes in loads of different patterns and colours that will suit everyone. I love the Wildflower pattern as it is really girly. The price varies dependent on pattern from £89.50 to £99.50, a really good price for a carrier that is going to last from newborn to toddler!