I really love being part of the Bernard Matthews Family Panel. It’s been so much fun and super challenging too.
The latest challenge was to cook for three days in a row using Bernard Matthews Turkey Chunks as the main ingredient. Bernard Matthews provided all the ingredients, which was astounding, and the three dishes we would be cooking. Oh and some cute props relating to each country.
Visiting India – Turkey Tikka Masala
- 200g Roast Turkey chunks (2 packets)
- 1 small Onion, sliced
- 1/2 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Green Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Red Chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, chopped
- 1cm piece of Ginger, chopped finely
- 1 heaped tsp Curry Powder
- 400g Tinned Tomatoes, chopped
- 100ml Natural Yoghurt
- 15ml Coconut Cream
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Coriander, chopped
- 2 Naan Bread
- 1 packet of Poppadoms
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions, garlic. chilli, peppers and ginger. Fry until nearly soft.
- Add the curry powder and mix thoroughly so that all ingredients get coated.
- Add tin of tomatoes and reduce the heat slightly.
- Add the yoghurt, coconut cream and chopped tomatoes. Stir and heat for about 5minutes.
- Mix the Turkey Chunks and heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander leaves to add a bit of flavour. Mix.
- Serve with rice cooked as the packet says, warmed Naan Bread and Poppadoms.
We’ve certainly come to love this dish using Turkey Chunks. The first time I made it, the sauce was a bit runny but it still tasted delicous. This time round, it was perfect and so tasty. Teaming it with the Naan bread and poppadoms it made a really fun family meal. Unfortunately we only had P2 with us that night as P1 was at her after school club, but we saved some and she loved it too.