When travelling anywhere with children it can be so incredibly stressful. But travelling abroad is on a whole different level as it is a completely new and strange environment for all. I’ve come up with my top tips for travelling abroad with children:
- If your children get travel sick, like mine do especially on coaches etc, then pack sickness tablets or bands. There’s nothing worse than having to deal with sicky children on a cramped plane journey.
- Hiring a car will reduce the need for a sweaty coach, it will also be a little more familiar for your child. Taking your own car seats and equipment will help reduce the cost and stress of travelling abroad.
- With children that need frequent drinks to keep hydrated and snacks, having an all inclusive option is a must have and it very much worth the money.
- Find a fold down all in one piece type buggy or stroller. It’ll fit in your hire car boot which will enable you to really explore and make the most of your holiday with no restrictions.
- Prepare an itinerary of any activities or places around your hotel that you really want to visit. Do your research and check which are child friendly, whether they have food facilities etc.
There’s clothes, sun cream, hats and any other obvious items that you need to take when travelling but I hope the above tips will help you ease the stress of travel as much as possible. Where are you going this year for your summer holidays?